Cook Time: 1-1.5 hours
FarmDeliver Shopping List
- 1 Boise River Lamb Bone-in Half Leg of Lamb
- 3-4 tbsp minced garlic from Whistlepig Farm
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme from Greenwave Hydroponics
- 2 cups apple cider from Kelley Orchards
- 1/2 cup honey from McIntyre Pastures
- 2 diced apples from Kelley Orchards
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
2. Unpackage and pat-dry the roast. Coat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil again, then cover all sides with thyme and garlic.
3. Place in oven and roast for 20 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and reduce heat to 350F. Flip the roast over and baste with cider, then cover all exposed sides with honey. Add apples to pan and return to oven.
5. Roast for 30 minutes. Flip roast again and baste with pan juices, then drizzle new side with honey.
6. Continue to roast for an additional 12 minutes per pound for medium-rare or 15 minutes per pound for medium.
7. Remove from oven and cover with foil. Let rest for at 10-15 minutes. Carve, serve with roasted veggies or mashed potatoes, and enjoy!